Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Can't be predictable - Day 5

Today's realization came when I was getting ready to leave for work . . . deciding what to pack for lunch. It hit me suddenly that I have a propensity to find a meal I love and 'eat it to death' - meaning that if it works I will eat it every day until I'm sick of it. When I'm sick of it, I'm usually sick of the plan too, and I start deviating in the wrong way. Today's challenge will be finding those additional choices and taking that as a GOOD thing rather than a bad thing. Sure, we all love the comfort of having a ready-known meal ahead of us. It takes all of the guess-work out of it. It also takes most of the pleasure out of it.

I had a great lunch of brown rice, black beans, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and grilled chicken yesterday. It went over so well we had the same version - plus low fat sour cream - in tortillas for dinner. I have pretty much the same for lunch today, but dinner is the unknown. I'm out there, my friends. What to have, what to have??? I'm looking at this as a good challenge. I know there is football practice tonight, so everyone will be running. Even if it's fast food, it will be a good choice. Hmm. Time to think.

Make it a great day.

No comments: