Monday, July 19, 2010

Made it through the first one - Day 4

Well, I won't say it was easy - or pretty - but we made it through our first weekend on the new plan. We did REALLY well on Saturday, left to our own devices - with no other family around. It was Sunday that got us. I don't think we went totally haywire - perhaps only to 2000 calories instead of 1500 (and instead of our normal 3000-4000 or more). What is it about eating with 'family' that makes us eat more?

We controlled the meal, so that was fine. We had a wonderful BBQ salmon on the grill, baked sweet potatoes, and a salad. The slip was the befores - we had some fresh salsa and hummus; probably a few too many chips - and wine. I could probably look at some psychological issues that play into my eating more around family, but I'm choosing to look forward instead of back. My choices were better than they have been in the past, and I only have myself to answer to (or blame).

I made myself late this morning, taking the time to craft my lunch, grab a nice breakfast (I made banana nut muffins yesterday - applesauce and egg whites were fat substitutes). I'm feeling good going into our first full week. What is it they say? Onward and upward? Hmm. Maybe I should change that to Onward and Inward... ;-) Make it a great day.

No comments: