Friday, July 16, 2010

The journey ahead - Day 2

I did it! Ok, I'm taking comfort in one very small victory, but it's a victory just the same. One day at a time, right? If so, then yesterday was a victory. My goal was to eat 1500 calories. I finished up the day at 1495. Pretty good! I was actually looking for food last night - I ended up with a greek yogurt and 4 Oreo mini cookies. Not the best choice, but much better than my normal snack would have been!

I definitely have already seen how my food choices make me feel. Yesterday's lunch was awesome! One cup of brown rice, one cup of black beans, one cup of grilled chicken breast, one cup of lettuce, and one cup of tomatoes - in a bowl - with a drizzle of teriyaki sauce. Those 530 calories were worth it!!! On the run with the boys last night, I chose a Wendy's kid's meal for dinner. 370 calories and I was ready to gnaw my arm off!!!

Today already had some lessons as well. I found that if I eat, but don't follow it up with water or coffee to help fill me up, the calories seem empty no matter what they are. Hmm. I'll work more on that one.

Took my oldest son to the doctor today - he was very overweight for his age. What am I doing to him? I am his example. I am his food source. The change for me will be the change for him as well. This is all good.

No comments: