Saturday, July 17, 2010

How do you know? - Day 3

We're in the first weekend of the new choices . . . Does anyone else find weekends incredibly hard? I kept to my 'no cooking on Friday' rule, and we went to Outback. I'm not really sure if I went over my 1500 or not. My husband and I were both checking Web sites and apps to check calories before ordering, but it was a challenge. In the back of my mind, I'm thinking of those recent news pieces where they say calorie information is incorrect most of the time for restaurants - since it depends on the chef at the time. We did both order our meals 'light' - no butter. Sauce on the side. No blooming onion (that was hard). In the end, we decided it was our lightest Friday night meal in many months, so we cut ourselves a break. I'm going to have to do more research on the calorie counts though; every site has different info!

One of the hardest things last night was forgoing my glass (or two) of red wine. It has become a Friday night tradition. It's not that I couldn't have had one - I am definitely in a 'nothing is off-limits' frame of mind. It's that I didn't have the calories to spare. It's about 125 calories for a 5 oz. glass. I know, they are empty calories, and I should just forget about it, but I will work them in some time this weekend.

I have realized that it is very important to keep the mindset that nothing is off limits (at least, right now). I'm doing Ok with just limiting amounts, knowing that I can work something in later.

Oh...big event for us. After we got home from Outback, my husband suggested we go for a family walk. We did it!!! No one complained, and we had a nice time. We walked about a mile. It took about 1/2 hour. We weren't at a stroll, but we weren't at break-neck. But we were moving. Yay for us. Score one for the home team!

No comments: