Saturday, July 24, 2010

Given up on the days...

Ok, as much as I would like to, there is just no way I can keep up with this blog daily - at least not right now. So, I've dropped the day designators. If I find unexpected time in the future, maybe I'll pick it back up. ;-)

Big events happened this week. I finished a project I've been working on for over a year, which felt really good. To celebrate, we brought in Outback - calories in check. The sliced fillet with wild mushroom sauce is incredible, and really sensible regarding calories. Reflecting on the week...

I made really good choices. I was amazed how liberating it felt to keep in mind that absolutely nothing is off-limits, as long as I limit the portions. I think that has been a flaw in my thinking in the past. The scale is starting to inch down, which is the right direction. I went for a walk a couple of times this week. I didn't have any huge mis-steps. And, who am I again?

Maybe this was the change I needed. Maybe I sabotaged myself just with the limitations of a traditional diet. In any case, I am not feeling deprived, and I've had no hunger headaches. Yay!

Today I started with a 100-calorie english muffin, with egg whites and a piece of low-fat cheese. Very satisfying. My eldest agreed that the flavor for the egg whites was similar to his sandwich (I did 1 egg and added egg whites to his), so he agreed to switch to whites next time. Small victory there as well. He is becoming more aware of calories along with us, and so far has been enthusiastic about making better choices. He certainly is watching us, which helps keep me on track. Not only do I want to be around for him in the future, I want to set a better example - and better relationship with food - than I have in the past.

Make it a good day.

No comments: