Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Battle of the Free Office Pizza Won, Battle #2

Most people love pizza. Free pizza makes it even that much more inviting. I happen to love pizza, regardless of who's paying, but free makes it more tempting. I've written before about bypassing the free pizza day in the office. And I did it again today.

It's not that I couldn't have the pizza; it certainly would have fit into my calorie allocation. It was that I wanted to prove (again) that I have control over my choices, and can make better food choices for myself. I think my $7.50 was well spent. I got a whole wheat hoagie (I only ate half - saved half for tomorrow!) with smoked turkey, swiss, lettuce, sprouts, and mustard. I let the office buy me a free diet coke and 110 calorie pringles pack. Yay for me!

For someone reading who might not think about food all day, as I do, this accomplishment might seem trivial. For me, it's victorious. I am in control. I am the woman!!! Woo hoo!

So, that battle is over . . . on to dinner tonight. I haven't yet decided what I'm having. I was supposed to have a meeting, so I was planning on having leftover pad thai from Friday night (it's still good, right?), but now I think I should cook. I'm out of pitas. I need to start bringing recipes to the office so I can shop on my way home. Hmm. Nice challenge. I'll see what I come up with.

Make it a great day!

No comments: