Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Friend-Makin Monday . . . err, Tuesday

Kenz has posted a challenge so we can get to know each other a little better. If you have a blog, please post a comment here, or on Kenz's log, and let me know the address of your blog so I can get to know you better!

I like...daisies!!!  Every since my 4th birthday (a daisy birthday, complete with daisy plate, daisy cups, and a daisy dress), they have been my favorite.  They are so cheerful, and make me smile just thinking about them!

I don't like...people who don't keep their word.  Oh, or cucumbers (eek, don't kick me out of the Greek heritage club).

I love...God, my husband, my 2 boys, and my family. I am blessed beyond measure.  I love that I am married to my best friend.  I love to sing! I also love sending unexpected greeting cards to people to make them smile.  Wow, I listed a bunch here.  I'm a lover!

I dream of...winning the lottery and making a different existence for my family than has ever been experienced throughout our family history.  The little van must be getting lost on its way to my house.

I wonder...if people judge my appearance as much as I judge my own (and probably others').

I know...I am a very competent and bright professional, and a good professor.

I went...to another country for the first time when I was in college.  I went to Trinidad on a mission trip.  What an amazing experience, to see those who are less fortunate than you but who are so much more giving than any you've ever met.

I have...no sense of fashion.  I feel really proud of myself if I branch out to wear earrings that are not mixed silver and gold (because the mix matches everything).

I think...all the time!  My mind never, ever, turns off.  If I'm not thinking, I'm singing or humming.

I plan...to graduate with my PhD by the end of this year, committee-willing!

I regret...nothing.  What's the point?  All of those experiences made me who I am today.

I do...too much sometimes.  My wonderful husband reminds me gently.

I drink...too little water, and probably too much wine (on occasion).

I wish...happiness for all in my family.  I hate to see anyone go through hardships, and it breaks my heart when I see poor decisions lead to challenges for them.

I am...very friendly, although I have very, very few friends.  Once I am someone's friend, I am a friend for life.

I am not...good at saying no, but I am learning.

I need...to exercise more.  It's something I really can't stand, but I know it's really good for me.  I also need my family's love and support.  Always, and unconditionally.

I hope...to be the kind of mother my children always enjoy, and always be an excellent example for them.  I also hope to live my life and faith and integrity.

I want...to have the financial freedom to some day take my family on overseas vacations every year, to expose them to other countries and cultures.

I sometimes...feel awkward with small talk.  As outgoing as I am, I just don't know how to have chit chat with someone I don't care that much about (I know, how do you find out more about someone if you don't have chit chat?  Thus my cycle.)

I can...do anything I set my mind to, it's just the setting that is a challenge sometimes.

I work...in higher education, but miss working directly with students where I could make a bigger difference in their lives.

I cannot...imagine my life without my husband.  It is an understatement to say he's my rock and best friend.

I avoid...money issues and housework, although when I get motivated - watch out!

I will...remain committed to my weight loss journey.  For me, first and foremost.  But also for my family.  They deserve my best.  So do I.

No comments: