Sunday, August 29, 2010

The journey begins and continues

So, for the record, I did exercise yesterday. I SO did not want to work out. We nap on the weekends, and it felt so nice and comfortable in the bed. I had been wearing my workout clothes all day - taking the youngest to tennis lessons, picking out house paint, going to lunch . . . tres chic. I even took a nap in those clothes. I had left my socks on, thinking that if I kept them on it would motivate me to get moving when I got up. Then I kicked them off. I was about to give up.

But then, I did it!!! I got up, grabbed a different pair of sneakers (sans socks), and hauled my butt out to walk. My wonderful hubby went with me. I can't say I was a world-beater, but we did at least a mile. In 100 degree weather, that was pretty good. I was just excited that I did it!!!

So, I continue my calorie cutting journey, and begin the journey WITH exercise. Thank you for holding me accountable. I had you in mind as I was out there. I know this is critical to my success. This is a good journey.

Dinner tonight is probably going to be baked crispy chicken fingers done parmesan style (thanks to the Rocco DiSpirito cookbook - love it!). Yes, I think about food all day. I am a committed foodie, but I'm also committed to enjoy more and eat less.

Make it a great day.

2 comments:

jenbythesea said...

Good for you, Annaleah! You're ahead of me in the exercise game. I still only work out five days a week. I'm going to have to increase it to at least six days, but keep putting it off. Keep rockin' the exercise!

Candy said...

I did it on Saturday and Sunday! The room is called "The Fitness Room" and that is what I am hoping to get. I enjoyed it and challenged myself by steadily increasing the speed on the treadmill and the bike. I did a mile on the treadmill and just over a mile on the bike both days. Oh, and the hated ab machine. It's like brussel sprouts, it's good for me!