Wednesday, August 25, 2010

From Toos to Dos!

Did I take the stairs this morning? Why, yes, I did! As I was going up I was thinking I need to take a picture to show you how steep they are! These aren't typical stairs . . . they are the kind you're afraid to go down because they are so steep you have to lean over to see the next step - even if you can normally see your toes when you walk. ;-) So, I climbed the mini Everest this morning. My heart rate was up a bit, but not bad - no sweating (and it's a HOT stair well - no air!). They say it takes 7 times? 21 times to make something a habit? I'll get there.

I've been reflecting on Candy's comment . . . I need to get rid of the "toos" and focus on the "dos". She was saying how she always finds excuses for working out (too tired, too busy, etc.). That's a great saying, and one that I will try to work into my new mental mix tape (yes, still working on it . . . this is going to take a while, huh?). So, no more 'toos' - make it a do! So, I am DOing the stairs. What is my next do? Hmm. I already know tonight it will be pouring rain. Maybe I could go over to the gym or break out my Zumba CD and get my latin on. Anyone up for a challenge? That would help my motivation . . . maybe we could commit to exercise 3 days at first? I won't even count my stairs as exercise. ;-)

Let me know, and make it a great day!

3 comments:

Candy said...

Commitment. What a word. At work, the boss always wants a commitment for how many sales you and your team will make. Then they want to know how you did it or why you didn't. I like the commitment in marriage much better. No one asks you these questions, it just is. You still have to work at it and when you've been married as long as I have, people sometimes ask how you did it. Commitment is really important in weight loss and in exercise. I can never seem to be able to commit to all of it. I have to change that. And, the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk is on 10/30 and I am the team captain again. So, after much blather, I will commit to 3 days a week and hope that you can join us on the walk. Ouch, that hurt, but I'll get used to it!

Annaleah said...

I was supposed to have Women of Faith conference that weekend, but I didn't want to tie up Halloween weekend - so it's on my calendar! Just send me the paperwork. Maybe we can set up a time to meet and walk or something. I seem to be more consistent when someone is waiting on me. ;-)

I agree that commitment in marriage is easier than at work - BUT we're married to great guys, so that probably isn't a fair example! So, we're committing to three days a week of exercise. Starting this weekend? I say that only because I have 'commitments' already tonight and tomorrow. You're right, I don't like the word either. We need a better word.

Candy said...

Yes, starting on Saturday!