Monday, August 9, 2010

Broken bones but not resolve

No, I didn't break a bone. Whew. Unfortunately, my eldest son did. This is his first break, ok it's just a fracture...but he got the splint and sling. It was hard to watch him get his first medical stuff done to him. He was in great spirits though. None of it phased him (except he's bummed he'll miss football).

It made me think about my own journey. How many times have I let something minor become an excuse for me to change the plan? Had it been me that broke my arm, would I have taken that as a reason to go on a pity party eating binge? Hmm. Maybe the old me, but not now. Because there is nothing off limits, there is nothing to really 'go back' to, except more calories. Wow. That's a big statement for me. There's nothing to back to!!!! Yay, me!!!! I'll take that thought as a victory.

Make it a great day.

No comments: