Thursday, August 19, 2010

Shoring up the river

As much as I love my subjective scale (see previous posts), I have been wishing it was a little less subjective lately . . . specifically, I have been wishing it was choosing smaller numbers! It was stuck most of the weekend (of my own doing - and not exercising), and finally started to creep a bit today - although I'm not sure if it was up or down. I choose down. So, I guess it's time for me to tighten things up, and look for areas I've let things get a little lax. A few weeks ago I was regularly measuring everything put in my mouth. Over the last week, I've been 'guesstimating' a bit more. It looks like my guesstimates might have been high.

Although I haven't stopped counting calories, I wasn't as specific as I needed to be. Ok, Ok, I get it. Pull in the reins, shore up the river, get back to basics.

Let me just pause and grab some self motivation here. In the scheme of things, I am more than 55 pounds lighter than I was at my heaviest, and the scale is going in the right direction. I deserve to be healthy, and I deserve to look good and feel confident. This is not a plateau, it is a refocus. I'm on the right path. Forging ahead. Awesome.

Make it a great day.

2 comments:

Sean Anderson said...

Maintaining the integrity of your calorie budget is the key to consistency, that's what I've discovered.

I LOVE your blog...Thank you!

Annaleah said...

Thanks for reading and commenting, Sean. That means so much to me!

Annaleah