Tuesday, August 17, 2010

New School Year and Starts - but not for me!

Today both of my boys started their new school year. That used to be the time of year . . . almost like New Year's for kids . . . where you promised yourself this year would be different. You would do your homework, keep up in class, blah, blah, blah. I felt sort of liberated driving to work this morning, knowing that although the boys are making those promises to themselves, I do not have to do that! I have already made my life change, and am so happy with the choices I'm making!

It has been so motivating to have my husband along on this journey. We are actually on the SAME program for once, which is so nice. We are counting calories together. I'm still finding the balance between asking him where he is on his calorie count and not appearing to hound him. ;-) He's learning I mean well. ;-)

So, we're growing together . . . no, wait . . . we're SHRINKING together! We made good choices all weekend, other than having the extra glass of wine, which led to the extra Skinny Cow ice cream cone. Ok, in the scheme of things - that 250 calories is SO much less than we ever would have gone astray on previously, but the overage was noted and we moved on.

So, new school year does find me with a new attitude, but thankfully one that has been in place for a month now! I am calmly walking through this journey, reflecting on how I got here, and devoted to not make this change temporary. Another woo hoo for me.

Make it a great day!

No comments: