Thursday, August 26, 2010

I look good from the head up

Have you ever had those days where you look in the mirror and don't like what you see? I know, mirrors are as subjective as my scale . . . ;-) (see previous posts). Yesterday, I didn't like what I saw from the neck down. I looked so WIDE! Eeewww. So, yesterday, I was ok with the head-up view. Too bad all of my mirrors can't crop to that view. The side view is getting better (although I don't like that load-in-your-pants syndrome when you are not small enough to be in the next size, but smaller than the current size). The front view is just not my favorite.

I'm not sure why I lose weight from the top-down. My cheeks seem to show it first, and it's like I'm melting. Next is my arms and chest. The last thing to show it is my rear end and legs (where I want it first!). Why can't we lose weight like when you squeeze a balloon? You squeeze it smaller in the middle and you can make just the top bigger. That wouldn't be bad. Ok, I don't want the version where you squeeze it in the middle and both the top and bottom explode. I've had that version!

So, let's turn this into a positive . . . I like the head-up view. That has a ring. I like keeping my head up. That's what I'm doing on this journey. I'm keeping my head up - on the goal. I'm not wavering.

I've been having discussions with Candy on our commitment to exercising 3 days a week. We agree that the commitment word stinks, but I haven't come up with a new fun word yet . . . it's not like I could easily replace 'exercise' with 'eating a bowl of spaghetti' words and have it make any sense. So, beginning this weekend, we're on 3-a-weeks. Who's with us, and what are you gonna do?

Keep you 'head up', and make it a great day!

3 comments:

Candy said...

I am going to the workout room, I don't know what else to call it, where I will walk on the treadmill, ride the bike and do some ab exercises. I will do it both Saturday and Sunday. Next week, I am going to change clothes at work before I come home so I can go straight there. It will help me stop thinking about the "toos"!

jenbythesea said...

Hi Annaleah,
Good luck on going to exercise three times a week. That's great! I try to go in five days a week, but don't always make it. I go early in the morning because by the time I finish at school I'm so tired that going to the gym just doesn't happen.
I'd be happy to join your challenge. I'm not sure how it would work exactly, so let me know what you think.

Annaleah said...

So, we're started! As you make your three-a-week, I guess come here and let us know in a comment. If I can figure out a way to make it more formal on the blog site, I will do that.