Sunday, August 8, 2010

Blessings abound

The hubby and I spent a lovely night away . . . I jokingly said we were staying in New Orleans and eating in Paris, which we did . . . but they were both in Orlando. ;-) We had a great time, and we estimated we walked about 6 miles yesterday. That's great, because my wine tour through the Epcot countries and our dinner in France was extravagance. I was originally going to give myself some extra calories. In the end, I decided to just enjoy myself for dinner (and the wine). The DIFFERENCE was that I woke up this morning ready for my day - with calories in mind. I had had an amazing dinner, that I savored every morsel of, but that was yesterday. Today I ordered an egg white omelet with cheese. I was bummed that they put potato somethings with them. The old me would have just eaten them.

NOT THE NEW ME. I ate four or five tiny squares, decided it was too greasy and not worth the calories, and threw it away. Yes, there might be children starving in China, but I threw away food. Big step. I was so proud of myself.

I made nice choices the rest of the day too. I had my cuban chicken chop from Chicken Kitchen for lunch on our way home, and had sushi and steamed dumplings for dinner. And, the best part is that I get leftover Pad Thai tomorrow for lunch (I made it Friday). Already looking forward to that one.

I am loving my new life of control over my choices. Control over my life. Control over my body. Yay me.

Make it a great day.

No comments: