Monday, August 23, 2010

Not avoiding the climb, & Stairs - zero, Me - 1 (Score that is)

Yes, I did it.  I took the stairs to my office this morning.  I wasn't going to . . . I could come up with several excuses why, I tried to tell myself as I walked into the building . . . but then I remembered I had put it in writing!  You all saw my promise!  I said I would, so I did.  Was I winded?  A little, but not as bad as I thought I would be.  I've always been better on the flat walks than the climbs, so I've avoided the climbs.  Hmm.  That was an 'ah ha' sentence.  I have been avoiding the climbs.  I have been avoiding the hard route.

What about you?  If you have been avoiding something - exercise or food related - or other, please feel free to share.  I can't be the only one avoiding the climb. ;-)  So, now I've conquered the measly 3 flights of stairs.  Tomorrow I will do it again.  Maybe I'll add some situps tonight.  Hmm.  We'll see.  Either way, I'm not avoiding the climb!

My breakfast was quick, but on target.  I love the new Fiber One muffins in the freezer section (although I've only been able to find them at SuperTarget so far).  Lunch was a Morning Star veggie burger (I NEVER thought I would have eaten one of those a couple of weeks ago, but Publix was doing a tasting) on a bagel thin (330 calories total), and a 65 calorie bag of Pirates Bootie.  I probably could have added a salad, but I just didn't feel like it.  Dinner tonight.  Not sure.  I've been in a comfort food mood, so maybe some pasta.

Today, I hope you decide to stop avoiding your climb, and join me one step at a time (ha!  literally!).

Make it a great day.

No comments: