Friday, August 6, 2010

Did it, and weird noodles

This one be long. I just wanted to report that even though I had allowed myself some leeway for last night's anniversary dinner, I didn't need it! We ordered from Outback, and I had everything light, no butter, etc. No worries! I even had enough calories for wine and my skinny cow ice cream cone. I know, wine isn't the best choice, but I enjoy it, so if it fits every once in a while, I'm keeping it.

I tried a couple of new things. Last night I made the Rocco brownies. I was so excited about them, at only 50 calories. They have black beans in them. They weren't bad, but they weren't anything I want to eat again. Maybe the boys will eat them. ;-). I also got my miracle noodles in the mail. No calories, fat, or carbs. I had them with pasta sauce. Um, interesting. I'll try it again before making my final vote on those.

Tonight I can't decide between my pad Thai recipe or turkey burgers, so I think I'm doing both. Morning star veggie burger for lunch. They are really good!

Wow! Just read over this blog...guess you shouldn't write while hungry either. ;-). Tomorrow we head to Orlando overnight. I'm looking forward to spending some alone time with my hubby. I'm sure we'll have some great food, but we're committed to making conscious choices. Yay, us!

Happy Friday. Make it a great day.

2 comments:

Kenlie said...

It sounds like you did really well at dinner! And hey..there's nothing wrong with a glass of wine once in a while. :) One of the biggest reasons I've been successful in weight-loss so far is that nothing is off-limits. You know? :)

Annaleah said...

You are absolutely right, Kenz! I really appreciate your comments, and taking time to respond.