Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sick of sick

Have you ever noticed that when those around you are under the weather, you sometimes feel naturally sluggish too? Maybe it's just me. Both my eldest son and husband have been fighting some kind of plague-like cough for quite some time. This weekend, other than our previously scheduled church and game times, we really just laid around being lazy. I was so tired! I don't think I was fighting anything off, I was just happy to be lazy. But then, as with those who are really sick, you get tired of being tired and start to perk up.

That's where I am today. I am tired of being tired. I'm tired of this weird funk. I'm sick of them being sick (as are they), and I'm sick of my sympathy symptoms. That's not all. I feel the same way about my weight loss journey. I'm sick of apathy.

Yesterday I took the stairs. I'll have you know that I took them today too . . . twice! I went out for lunch unexpectedly, and I steered my boss towards the stairs before we got to the elevator. He didn't express confusion, but I could see it in his eyes. I've NEVER climbed those stairs with someone else to witness (ok, wait, we have had some fire alarms where everyone had to trudge together). In any case, not only did I conquer the stairs - I did it with a witness!

I noticed I was a little less out of breath. My pants were also a little looser today. I'm hoping my subjective scale follows suit soon. Maybe I'll even dust off my gym membership card (yes, I have one) and hit the elliptical this weekend. I really enjoy it when I go. Not sure why I haven't gone; it's literally across the street from my development. But we get what we give, right? I'm sick of being sick - apathetic - fat. Moving onward and forward. New mix tape installed. I deserve happiness, health, and a kickin body (Ok, I might tweak the wording . . . ;-) ) Yay me!

If anyone is out there and wants to comment, please feel free. Otherwise, I'll just keep rambling to myself!

Make it a great day.

3 comments:

Candy said...

Thanks for sharing this with me. I like going to the workout room to walk, ride the bike and exercise. I feel better when I do it. But I always have this conversation with myself that I am too hungry or tired, or it's too late, or Brittany needs to go out. I need to get rid of the "toos" and focus on the "dos". So I'll make a commitment right now to go do it before I go to work tomorrow. Maybe you'll take those stairs twice, tomorrow!

jenbythesea said...

Hi Annaleah,
Thank you so much for leaving a comment on my blog! It's exciting to have people I don't know reading my stuff.
Yes, this counting calories thing is new for me. It's something I have studiously avoided my whole life. I tried every other kind of weight loss program/diet out there.
Thank you for your advice about not beating myself up about going over in calories. I try not to do that anymore as it serves no purpose and just provides an excuse to binge.
Thanks again for your kind comments. I will add your blog to my reading list.
Have a great day!
Jennifer The Kitchen Sink

Annaleah said...

Candy and Jennifer, thank you both for your comments! Candy, I like your getting rid of the toos and focusing on the dos . . . good motto! Jennifer, calorie counting is working well for me. I just need to exercise more consistently.